Granite and marble are two of the most preferred flooring options available to us. This is mainly because of the numerous benefits they have. Also, these flooring materials differ in quality, cost and durability. Therefore you need to consider all aspects before you actually pick a particular flooring material for yourself.
Granite as a flooring material:
Granite is basically a natural stone. It is an igneous rock that has been cooled from lava and magma. It is quite rich in mineral content and is one of the best flooring materials available to us. It has minerals like silica, quartz and feldspar. Apart from that, there are various other minerals present in minute quantities. Granite is available in different colours, including grey, pink and white. It is mostly used in kitchens and hallways. These days, people are also using granite for creating flooring for semi-outdoor spaces like gardens and courtyards.
Advantages of using granite as a flooring material:
- Granite is one of the hardest natural stones available to us. It is also quite robust.
- If maintained properly, granite flooring can last a lifetime without regular maintenance and care.
- Granite is available in a huge range of colours and patterns.
- Granite is resistant to denting and scratching.
- It has durability towards acids, and you can use it in the heavy traffic areas of your house. Granite is also bacteria resistant and is quite easy to clean.
- It is quite perfect for the warmer areas as the stone feels really cold under the feet.
Disadvantages of granite flooring:
- The floor can be quite heavy.
- It is not good for the colder regions as the stone gets cold easily.
- The installation charges are really high.
- Granite is non renewable and is not good for the environment.
- As the flooring is really hard, you can get injured easily.
Marble tiles as a flooring material:
Marble is a metamorphic rock. It is formed under intense pressure and heat causing rock composition to alter. It is soft and porous and is an excellent option for flooring. It is used in the living rooms, bedrooms and bathrooms of houses. However, it is almost suitable for any place if maintained properly. Marble tile flooring also gives a really elegant and aesthetic look to your entire house. Marbles tiles are available in different patterns.
Advantages of marble tiles flooring:
- Marble tile is scratch-resistant and durable.
- It is available in different designs and patterns.
- Marble tile flooring is quite easy to clean.
- It is available in different colours and can last for ages.
Disadvantages of marble flooring:
- If not cared for properly, marble floors can easily beruined or destroyed.
- It requires regular sealing and maintenance.
- It can feel really cold and is also quite expensive.
- Marble tiles are slippery and in nature, and you can easily sustain injuries if you fall.
These are some of the points that you require to consider while choosing between granite and marble tiles. For further queries, you may connect with us.